- We used up a bit of 'quick oats' that have been hanging around for several years
- I researched millet & learned how to cook it
- I learned that there are some reasonable prices to be found with Amazon delivery
- I found & used several items in the pantry that I'd forgotten about including chicken stock, pickles, and frosting.
- We rediscovered pasta & red sauce. Cheap!
- My kids love pancakes. Cheap!
- We used several gallon bags of freezer fruit.
- My kids like blueberry muffins.
- There are no longer Costco packs of food on the floor of my pantry - everything fits on the shelves.
- There isn't much food "hiding" behind other things anymore.
Not so successful:
- I have a lot of gluten-free pie crust mix and I didn't use ANY.
- I have a lot of rice cakes and we barely dented them.
- I still have ridiculous amounts of freezer fruit.
- I was being so careful with the budget that my kids were missing milk and I didn't buy much in the way of fresh produce.